25 Paulownia Seeds (princess tree or empress tree) –Pink Flower and fragrant
If you buy three or more lots,you can ask us to ajust the price for you , ,we will not charge you the more shipping cost.
(Paulownia tomentosa) is also known as the “princess” or “empress” tree. The paulownia tree reaches 30 to 70 feet in height and its large, heart-shaped leaves are hairy on their undersides. This ornamental tree was brought to North America in the 1840s. Paulownia did not gain value as a tree until the lumber from it began to be in demand in Japan. Clusters of lavender flowers open in the spring on the paulownia and the seed capsules mature in the fall. Paulownia tree sprouts can reach up to 15 feet in height their first summer.
How to Germinate Paulownia Seeds
1. Remove the weeds in an area with direct sunlight exposure. Loosen the soil to the depth of 12 inches with a shovel. Break up the dirt clumps with the side of a garden hoe. Paulownia seeds require bare soil without any weed competition.
2. Spread 14-14-14 slow-release fertilizer at the rate of 1 pound per square yard over the soil. Mix the fertilizer in the top 8 inches of soil. The paulownia seedlings grow shallow roots so they can access to the fertilizer.
3. Rake the soil smooth and even. Sprinkle the planting area with water until the soil is moist. This allows the tiny paulownia seeds to stick to the soil. Scatter the tiny seeds over the soil at the rate of 1 teaspoon per square yard. It is best to do this by hand on a day without any wind, which can carry the seeds away.
4. Cover the planting area loosely with 2 inches of straw mulch. Mulching prevents the seeds from drying out through excessive moisture loss.
5. Place cheesecloth or fine cotton cloth over the straw mulch. Keep the material loose and anchor the edges with rocks or bricks. This keeps the seeds from being disturbed by splashing water and wind.
6. Water the seeds daily until the soil under the mulch is moist. Do not let the seeds dry out since this kills the seeds. Remove the cover when the paulownia sprouts are 2 inches tall. You do not want the seedlings growing through the cloth since this causes damage to the new trees when they are moved.
1. Dear customer: if you are not good at gardening, you can use some seeds to make the first try. As an old saying goes, do not put all your eggs in one basket.
2. If you have any problem about our product or service, please contact us first and give us a chance to fix the problem well rather than open a dispute or leave a negative feedback without informing us. Thanks in advance.
5 Stars (0)
4 Stars (0)
3 Stars (0)
2 Stars (0)
1 Star (0)
|Shipping Company||Shipping Cost||Estimated Delivery Time|
|3 - 7 days|
|3 - 7 days|
|5 - 14 days|
|Post Air Mail||Free Shipping||15 - 45 days|
|Return Policy||If the product you receive is not as described or low quality, the seller promises that you may return it before order completion (when you click "Confirm Order Received" or exceed confirmation timeframe) and receive a full refund. The return shipping fee will be paid by you. Or, you can choose to keep the product and agree the refund amount directly with the seller.
N.B.: If the seller provides the "Longer Protection" service on this product, you may ask for refund up to 15 days after order completion.
|Seller Service||On-time DeliveryIf you do not receive your purchase within 60 days, you can ask for a full refund before order completion (when you click "Confirm Order Received" or exceed confirmation timeframe).|